Blueberry Streusel Cheesecake
This is another cake that uses blueberries! Hey it blueberry season now so why not take advantage of it. I did not know a cake like that existed until the Husband request for it. So this is definitely a team work here. We’ve seen plenty of blueberry cheesecake and blueberry crumble cake. Both taste awesome. Why not combine both of them! Blueberry streusel cheesecake.
The cake is fruity from the blueberries but really soft because I used a mixture of both mascarpone and cream cheese. The texture of the cheesecake is almost like a pudding. The buttery crumble thats used for both the base and the top makes the cake a little richer and biscuity giving it a bit more texture. The cheesecake is just sweet enough. In fact I find it light and refreshing if you can describe cakes like that. It is best eaten just out of the fridge. So it is the perfect cake to bake this summer.
Its really good. I kid you not. The Husband and I ate almost half of the cake mind you I used an 11 inch springform cake pan. This is a massive cake! I brought the rest to the office and it was gone almost instantly.
More blueberry recipes:
Ingredients (Bakes an 11 inch cake serves at least 10 people.)
Recipe adapted from Kraftrecipes.
- 1-1/2 cups plus 3 Tbsp. (216g) flour, divided
- 1/3 cup (73g) brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (171g) cold butter, cut up
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) (about 396g) Cream Cheese, softened
- 500g mascapone
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 cup (240g) sour Cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (about 400g) fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F (162 degree C).
- Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl.Cut in butter with 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, or blitz everything in a food processor. Reserve 1/2 cup crumb mixture and set aside; press remaining onto bottom of 11-inch springform pan. Bake 25 min. or until lightly browned.
- In the mean time, beat cream cheese, remaining flour, remaining sugar and vanilla until blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each just until blended.
- Pour cream cheese batter over crust; top with berries and reserved crumb mixture. Bake 1 hour 25 min. to 1 hour 30 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.