…And here we go with another Burger post. We really like to eat Burger because making them is not too time consuming and they usually turn out really great. This is a small variation of our usual burger that we make with some of our home made BBQ sauce.
Apart from being a quick meal, it is also a great party meal because lets be honest here. Who does not like burgers? So its not only “safe” but also easy to make. Make the patties smaller and tadah you get sliders! Ok here is what you are going to need to make this awesome BBQ Burger (actually makes 4 Burger):
- 400 gr of minced beef
- 8 slices of crispy bacon
- Two sliced onions
- Sliced pickles
- 1 Egg
- A pinch of pepper
- A pinch of salt
- 4 burger buns
- 4 slices of mild cheese (we use gouda)
- BBQ Sauce
- Olive oil for frying
- Mix the beef with the egg. Add salt and pepper to your liking. Form the mixture into patties of equal size. They should be about 2 cm thick. Don’t forget to press a hole in the middle so that the patties stay in shape while they are frying ( as seen in picture above)
- Heat a pan on low heat and add some olive oil. Add the sliced onions and fry them on low heat until soft and translucent. Patience is needed for this.
- Heat a second pan on medium heat and add olive oil. Place the patties in the pan with the hole facing down and fry them for about 2 minutes.
- Flip the patties around and brush the fried side with some of the BBQ sauce. Don’t be too stingy on it. Fry for another about 4-5 minutes on this side and flip again.
- Brush the other side of the patty with BBQ Sauce as well and add the slices of cheese on top so that it will slowly melt on the burger. (as seen in picture below) Fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Toast the buns in a toaster or warm them up in your oven.
- Assemble the burger with ketchup, pickles, patty, fried onions and bacon.
We recommend a light salad with the burger so that you won’t feel too “full” after eating it.