Wherever you go these days you can find scrambled eggs. It is basically available everywhere around the world but only a few of them are really good. We came across this recipe on youtube.com. To be more precise it is a recipe from Gordon Ramsay!
You can find it here if you want the original video and instructions on it. For the rest of you just follow our instructions…
Here are the ingredients that you will need to make this great sunday breakfast treat for two:
- 2 vines of cherry tomatoes
- two slices of sour dough bread thickly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams cold butter
- half a tablespoon of creme fraiche
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- half a hand of chopped chives
- olive oil
After getting all your ingredients just follow these simple steps to get your perfect scrambled eggs:
- Heat a pan on medium heat and drizzle it with olive oil
- Add the cherry tomatoes with the vines attached to inside the pan and fry it.
- While frying the tomato, toast your sour dough bread in a toaster.
- Add the eggs into a cooking pot and add the butter. Don’t whisk it yet!
- Put the cooking pot on low to medium heat and start combining the cold butter and the eggs with a spatula. Treat it like a risotto and go off the heat and back on the heat to not overcook the eggs. You might have to do that a couple of times. You want your eggs to be sloppy and not dry like you would get in most other places!!!
- When the eggs start to thicken a bit put them off the heat and add the creme fraiche. Combine well with the spatula!
- Add salt, pepper and chives to your liking.
- Serve the scrambled eggs with the sour dough bread and the tomatoe
We recommend some nice fresh coffee from a french press to start your sunday morning! For our version we actually substituted the chives with some sun dried paprika. If you have some at home you can go for it but you should try the original version as well.
If you like this leave a comment below and let us know how it turned out.