recipe: Buttermilk Biscuits with Pulled Chicken
So as you all might have figured out we are really into Burgers and Sandwiches. I think the two of them combined make up 20% of our meals :) So well I have been fascinated by the idea of making a good pulled sandwich dish but my first few tries all turned out to be too dry. I usually make them from pork using our slow cooker. This time (mostly because the wife doesn’t like pulled pork since it is too dry) we tried to make it from chicken and hoped it would stay soft and juicy. Our side dish is sweet potato fries that need some improvement. Oh and of course I will let you know what is the best Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe.
The easy part of this dish is making the pulled chicken but it takes a while until it is done. You should start preparing the chicken first because it will take about 6 hours in a slow cooker until you can eat it. Here is what you are going to need:
Well so we are done with the chicken. Now lets focus on the Buttermilk Biscuits :) Honestly I could just write down every single step for this recipe now and it might sound like I came up with it. Well actually I didn’t and I don’t want to take the credit for something that is so awesome and is one of my favorite recipes of all time. You can find it here: Buttermilk Biscuits!
Please follow the recipe exactly and you will get fluffy and delicious buttermilk biscuits.
- 4 big Chicken thighs (Roughly 1,2 kg of meat)
- Freshly ground colored pepper
- Paprika powder
- Garlic powder
- Mix the Pepper, Salt, Paprika and Garlic in ratios of 1:1 in a bowl to make a dry rub
- Rub the Chicken thighs with the dry rub. Don’t be too stingy with it ;)
- Put the chicken in the slow cooker on low heat for about 6 hours.
- After 6 hours take the thighs out and remove skin and bones and shred it using two forks
- Add our home made BBQ sauce to it and put it back into the slow cooker to keep it warm