We were watching a show by Adam Richmond the other day, one of those shows that always makes us hungry, craving for unhealthy food, but we still watch over the weekends to get in the mood for cooking. That episode we watched was on saucy food and a Cheesy and Saucy Pizza really stood out because it has cheese underneath the sauce and more cheese on top. Sounds crazy right? Well if you want to find out more about it follow or recipe below…
We really did not know how to take a nice picture of this messy pizza. Probably should have posted this during halloween because it looks more like a bloody pizza than an appetising cheese pizza.
So what are you going to need for this Cheesy Homemade Pizza inspired by Adam Richmond’s Amazing eat? Let’s start with the ingredients for the Homemade Pizza Sauce:
1 small onion
3 cloves of garlic
1tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp majoram
1/2 cup red wine
2 cans of tomato
1 tbsp tomato paste
The other ingredients that will be needed further on are these:
Fresh Homemade Pizza Dough
A handful of freshly chopped Basil
Ok let’s get it started with the easy steps of making the Pizza Sauce:
1. Chop the onion and the garlic roughly.
2. Heat a pot to medium heat and add some olive oil to it. Fry the onion and garlic till fragrant and translucent.
3. Add the dried oregano, majoran, red wine and tomato to it and then bring to boil. You should see bubbles in the sauce. Let it boil for 10-15 minutes on medium heat and reduce it to low heat to let it simmer. Don’t forget to stir it while on medium heat or it will burn.
4. Add the tomato paste and let it simmer for another 15 minutes on low heat.
5. Set the Sauce aside and let it cool down.
Ok so what do we need to do for the rest of the Pizza?
1. Roll out the Pizza Dough on a baking tray. Please keep in mind to fold up the sides. Otherwise the sauce and cheese may overflow to the bottom of your oven.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
3. Cut mozzarella into slices and place them directly on the dough. Be generous with it :) As seen above!
4. Cover the Pizza in the Homemade Pizza Sauce.
5. Grate the parmesan on top until it covers the whole Sauce!
6. Place the Pizza in the oven and let it cook for about 25-30 minutes. This did it for us.
The result is a very juicy, saucy and cheesy pizza that contains enough calories for one week :) Well but who really cares right? You can top the pizza with some fresh basil if you like it and then you are good to go!