recipe: Super Crunchy Cornflake Cookies
If you like crunchy cookies, this is definitely something for you. The cornflakes in these cookies give them an extra crunch which is balanced by the slightly chewy cookie dough. The ingredients are so basic that I am sure most of you can make them at home.
Not only are the ingredients simple, the whole baking process is really a breeze. It takes only about 10 mins to make the dough, roll them into the cookie balls and place them in the oven. Within 30mins you will be able to have you first batch of crunchy cookies!
Ingredients (about 21 cookies)
Recipe adapted from Women’s day.
- 125g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 3-4 cups cornflakes
- ¼ milk choc chips
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease and line 2 large oven trays.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Fold flour, 1 cup cornflakes and choc chips through mixture.
- Roll 1 1/2 tsp full of mixture into balls and roll into remaining lightly crushed cornflakes. Arrange on trays about 4cm apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Cool on tray for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.