As you might know we watch a lot of videos on youtube.com about cooking. We get a lot of our inspiration from those videos and always try to come up with some new stuff for you. So we had a craving for pasta and we happened to watch a video by Gennaro. After watching this simple fried zucchini pasta video, all we could think about is making some fresh pasta and try it out ourselves. If you want to find out how to make it you should continue reading…
You will be surprised about what you are going to need to make this dish. It doesn’t take much but you will be rewarded with a nice dish:
- 200 gram fresh Tagliatelle (We strongly recommend to make it yourself)
- 1 Zucchini
- Olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- Half a cup of Chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- Fontina cheese, cubed
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Buffalo mozzarella, teared
- 1 Tomato, chopped
So as you might be able to guess from the list of ingredients it is actually very simple to make this dish:
- Cut the zucchini in slices and fry it. We deep fried them in hot oil.
- Bring water to a boil and season it with salt. Boil your pasta inside. If you use fresh pasta this will only take a couple of minutes. Keep that in mind for sure.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add some good quality olive oil. Fry the crushed garlic in the oil. Make sure it doesn’t burn and just get the flavor in the oil. Remove the garlic after it softens.
- Add the pasta into the pan with some of the pasta water and add a splash of stock to it. Half a cup of stock should do the trick here. Your pasta will still cook inside the pan so you should reduce the heat and maybe even remove it if you feel that it is too hot.
- Add the trio of cheeses to the pasta along with a handful of fresh basil and the fried zucchini. You shouldn’t be too stingy on the cheese and basil but try not to overdo it :)
- Season with salt and pepper. You should use a lot of pepper. It will add up to the cheese.
- Add the chopped tomato in and give it a final stir inside your pan.
- Serve on a plate with some freshly ground pepper and a basil leave on top.
- Take a picture and send it to us via twitter, facebook, google plus or instagram (This step is optional)
We hope you enjoy this dish as much as we did. Let us how it turned out and share it with other people.