Don’t we all dream about a dish that does not really require cooking? Well at least I do :)
One of the great thing about Hummus is that you could make it in advance no need to worry that it may become cold. We often have it either with Turkish flatbread or Lebanese flatbread, yes there is a difference! One is whiter and softer while the other is darker and more chewy, if that makes sense.
If you are tired of having raw vegetables ( for all you healthy people out there) as a snack, spice up your naked stick vegetable (eg. carrot, cucumber or celery) by dipping it into Hummus. I am sure there are more creative ways of using hummus other than a dip! If you find more interesting ways to use this let us know and leave a comment! Well on with the program.
You will need the following ingredients for a portion for 2-3 people:
- 250 grams of chickpeas (from a can)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
Lets talk about the easy part now and find out how to make it:
- Add the chickpeas in a food processor and blend it until it it become a thick paste. It will still be chunky.
- Add the rest of the ingredients inside and blend it on low until you get a creamy paste.
- Fill it into a bowl and garnish it with some more cumin and smoked paprika.
- Add olive oil to it and you are good to go!
Can you believe this? Four easy steps to make your own hummus. It will probably take you about 10- 15 minutes and it will be nicer than the stuff from a supermarket. Buy some lebanese flatbread and enjoy dipping it inside.