recipe: One Pot Pasta
Pasta and pesto is our go-to instant food. You basically need one pot, pasta and pesto. Not exciting at all but enough to fill you up. That is until we saw this one pot pasta recipe from SortedFoods. This is almost as instant as the pesto and pasta dinner but a healthier and tastier version!
You literally only need chop up some vegetables, through them, together with your uncooked pasta into ONE POT! Tadah! Here is a quick and easy dinner!
*We mixed penne and shell pasta because we had some awkward portion of pasta left. But I would advice you to stick to one sort of pasta because of the different cooking time.
*The original recipe had black olives too. Do add some if you do not have olive phobia!
Ingredients (For 2-3 pax)
- red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- a handful of roasted peppers
- a few sun-dried tomatoes
- Tomato puree (200ml)
- a glug of olive oil
- 2 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of chilli flakes (or to taste)
- a bunch of fresh basil
- Shell pasta (400g)
1. Slice the onion, 2 cloves of garlic, olives and roasted peppers.
2. Pour the pasta into the base of a deep saucepan then add the peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, chilli, basil, passata and a handful of Parmesan.
3. Pour over 1.1 litres of water and season well with salt and pepper.
4. Bring the liquid to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for about 10 minutes, until the pasta is cooked.
Serve with another handful of parmesan!