This Spaghetti with Tomato Shrimp Pesto is inspired by our visits to a restaurant chain called Vapiano from Germany. It is hands down the best place to go for pasta in its price range. A dinner including a glass of wine, a main course and a desert will probably come up to 15€ – 18€ per person! I think that is very decent.
Well ok so what is the big deal about it? The ingredients they use are all fresh! Even the pasta dough. For this recipe we were a bit lazy and didn’t make it ourselves but you can always refer to our pasta dough recipe by Gennaro that we posted a while back on how to make pasta at home!
2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
10 cherry tomatoes
1/4 white wine
3 tsp basil pesto (We used Barilla)
pasta water about 1/4 cup
Just a few simple steps for you to follow and you are good to go with this dish:
1. Bring the pasta water to a boil. I recommend to only add the salt before you add the pasta. Then add pasta. It should take about 7-10 minutes depending on the pasta you use.
2. Heat wok or pan on medium high and add olive oil to the wok and fry the shrimps.
3. After about 2 minutes add the the sliced garlic to the wok.
4. Another 2 minutes later add the white wine to deglaze the shrimps. Keep the heat on medium high for this and you will be rewarded with a great scent in the kitchen.
5. Add the cherry tomatoes, the pesto and some pepper to the pan and give it a good stir. You can reduce the heat a bit to not burn the ingredients.
6. Take some of the pasta water and add it to the pan.
7. Last but not least take the pasta out of the water and add it to pan. Give it a good stir and serve it with freshly grated parmesan on a plate.
Quick and simple but really delicious.