Are you suffering from the hot weather like we are? Usually if it is this hot and humid The Wife and me don’t really like to eat a lot of carbs at night because it will feel very heavy. So we try to go for some meat and salad as a side. This is a quick dish that is basically made from left overs that we found in the house and that had to be used. Thinking about this still make my mouth water and I think it will be time to do this dish again soon. Find out how to make it over here…
The ingredients are split into two parts. First let’s have a look at the meatballs:
- 400g Minced pork
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 birds eye chilli, finely minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 30g shredded parmesan
- Oil for frying
Ok now we go for the salad. By the way this was one of the best salads I ever ate. Compliments to The Wife on this one:
- Salad (We bought a premixed salad bag)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium sized cucumber
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 30g parmesan
You can start making the salad first and leave it in the fridge while you are make the meatballs. You might not believe me but from my understand there is only one step once you have all your ingredients chopped:
- Mix everything in a bowl…
Ok let’s focus on the meatballs now:
- Get another bowl out for mixing the ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients in the bowl. Make sure that you wear gloves (I didn’t and underestimated the spiciness of the chili. I felt it for about 24hours on my skin…).
- Heat a medium sized pan to medium-high heat and add some high quality olive oil.
- Shape the meat into table tennis size balls and drop the in the pan carefully.
- Fry the meat from all sides turning it regularly until cooked through. Depending on the size of the meatballs this should take between 5-10 minutes.
- Place some salad on a bowl and add the meatballs on top. Top everything off with some parmesan cheese and some extra virgin olive oil.