Sometimes you decide to cook something without really expecting much and the result simply surprises you! It is so good that you can taste the spicy and sweet flavours and yet somehow you can’t get yourself to write the post and recipe down. This is what happened to this great Steak Salad that causes me to salivate right now. If you like steak and you are into asian food you have to give this a try! Just check out what is necessary after the break…
The thought of having meat in salad much less steak is definitely something new for us. We often think of salad as a starter or a side dish. Rarely seeing them in the centre stage. But they can become the star dish too. All you need is some steak to dress this salad up. This sure is a balanced meal and one that is tasty, healthy and filling. Perfect!
Here are all the ingredients you are going to need for 2 people:
- 2 rumpsteaks (each should roughly be 200gr)
- 1 red chilli
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of fishsauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 4 radish
- 1 packet of mixed green salads (you can use any salad you like on this)
- 1 shallot
- 1 handful of fresh chopped mint
- unsalted peanuts
If you just follow these simple steps you can enjoy a nice and gorgeous looking asian style steak salad in a couple of minutes:
- Add the peanuts to a pan and roast them. Don’t forget to move them around because they might burn easily. This will only take a couple of minutes. Chop them roughly after roasting.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Make sure your steak is on room temperature before seasoning and frying.
- Heat a pan with some olive oil in it to high heat. Once the oil is smoking you should add your steak and fry each side for 2,5 to 3 minutes. Please flip it over once only. If you have some nice fat on the side you should fry that as well. After 5-6 minutes in the hot pan you should transfer the steak to a plate and scoop the juices from the pan over it. Let it Rest for the same amount you fried it for.
- While frying your meat you can take care of your salad. Add the chilli and garlic into a mortar and grind it with a pestle. Add a pinch of salt and the brown sugar to the mixture and mix it well using the pestle. Add a tablespoon of fishsauce and the juice of one lime. Mix everything well! Your dressing is done.
- Slice the tomatoes, chop the cucumber, thinly slice the radish and shallot. Mix everything well in a salad bowl with the green salad of your choice.
- Chop a handful of mint and add it to the salad. Don’t forget to add your dressing in as well and mix everything well with your hands. Be stingy with the dressing and don’t soak the salad with it. Try it while adding and mixing it to make sure everything is well coated and tasty.
- Remove the excess fat from the steak and cut it into thick slices.
- Place a handful of salad on a plate. Arrange the steak on top of it and sprinkle with some of the crushed peanuts.
- Enjoy a great dinner with your loved one.