recipe: Sweet Potato Hash with Poached Egg
We thought about ways to have a healthier brunch since we have been eating a lot of “heavy” food for the past couple of Sundays. So we decided to use some sweet potatoes with poached egg. This hearty breakfast/brunch will kickstart your sunday and will also probably help you to cure your hangover! Find out what we used and how we made it…
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 white onions (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- 3 dried tomatoes (chopped)
- Olive oil
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- Hot Sauce
- Dried paprika
If you add two more eggs the portion Sweet Potato Hash should serve about 4 people.
- Heat a large pan on high heat. Once the pan is hot add olive oil.
- Add the diced Sweet Potato inside and fry for about 5 minutes without stirring with the lid covered.
- Flip the Sweet Potato and fry for another 5 minutes with the lid covered. This way you will cook them quick and still have some nice caramelization!
- Fry for another 5 minutes without the lid being covered and stir occasionally. Place them aside on a plate after that.
- Add some more olive oil to the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- Add the onions, garlic and dried tomatoes inside. Stir fry the mix until the onions become soft and start to caramelize.
- Meanwhile heat water in a pot to poach the eggs.
- Add a cup of rice vinegar to the boiling water and slowly lower the eggs inside. You should crack the eggs in a small bowl and add them one by one into the boiling water (Follow our instructions on poached eggs here)
- Add the Sweet Potato to the mix of onions, garlic and dried tomatoes. Mix everything well.
- Add salt, pepper and hot sauce to your liking to the Sweet Potato mix.
- Assemble your plate: We recommend using the Sweet Potato as a base. Add the poached egg on top and garnish with some salt, pepper and dried paprika.
Is there any better way to start the weekend? Let us know in the comments below!