Have you ever tried a sweet savoury burger before? Well we have and we think the result was so great that we should share it with you! The combination of camembert and cranberry is well known in Germany and many other countries but getting these flavors inside a burger is something most of you might not have thought about before.
- 400 grams of freshly minced beef
- 4 buns (we used pretzel roll for this!)
- 8 slices of camembert
- 3 red onions sliced
- 1 egg
- Cranberries from a jar
To get it all started follow our steps below and you can indulge yourself in this awesome sweet and savory burger:
- Mix the beef with the egg, some salt and some pepper. Use your hands to combine everything well.
- Heat a small pan to low-medium heat and add some olive oil inside. Place the sliced onions inside and fry them until they are very soft and caramelized . Make sure to fry the onions slowly to not burn them! It might take about 15-20 minutes.
- Form the meat into 4 equal patties.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Fry the patties! As soon as your patties are fried on one side flip them over and add two slices of camembert on each patty. Cover the pan to melt the camembert!
- Assemble your burger. Cut the rolls into half, add the onions on the bottom half, add the patty on top and finish it with some of the cranberries on top of the cheese. If you like add some spiciness to your burger you can sprinkle some additional freshly ground pepper on it as well!
Enjoy your sweet and savory burger with some salad on the side. We just used some mixed salad and added olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to it. We highly recommend you to have it with cold beer :)