The Husband recently requested twix cupcake and even drew out the twix cupcake he envisioned. It was quite hilarious that he has a visual of how the cupcake can be made and how to go about building the cupcake when he does not know how to bake a cake. But the results were really quite good.
The idea of having twix cupcake is to deconstruct a twix and put it in a cupcake form.
What is in twix:
- Milk chocolate (of course)
- Butter cookie
The Husband wanted to have a caramel center with cookies in the batter topped with a twix.
I made a second version that looks visually nicer. Instead of having the twix stick out of the cupcake. I will top the cupcake with a small dollop of milk chocolate and using the milk chocolate as glue to allow a small piece of twix to adhere to the cupcake.
The end result? A sinful and moist twix cupcake. I used my favourite chocolate cake recipe to ensure that the chocolate cupcake had a good base. I then got a butter cookie for the inside of the cupcake which gave the cupcake a little crush. Last but not least the caramel middle is Werther’s Original caramel. Something you cannot really go wrong with.
The chocolate cake recipe can be found here. This recipe will yield 24 cupcakes.
Additional ingredients for the twix cupcake.
120g butter cookies, roughly crumbled
24 Werther Original caramel ( or any caramel pieces)
12 twixs, halved
100g milk chocolate (optional)
1 tsp butter (optional, if you are not using the milk chocolate)
- Preheat over to 180 degree C and line your cupcake pan with liners
- Make the cake batter
- Fold in the crumbled butter cookie
- Fill the cake batter into the cupcake form
- Push the caramel into the center of the cupcake
- Place cupcake pan into oven bake for about 20mins.
- If you want to stick the twix into the cupcake you have to take the cupcake out after 10mins, stick the twix into the middle of the cupcake and return to the oven and bake for another 10mins. Done!
- If you want to “stick” the twix on top of the cupcake
- Melt the milk chocolate and the butter in a double boil
- Add a teaspoon of melted chocolate on top of the cupcake and place the chopped twix.